Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shut up, Jeanine Garofalo!

By Taft Ayers

"This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up. That is nothing but a bunch of tea-bagging rednecks."- Jeanine Garofalo

You have probably heard the context of her comments on a broader level. Absurd.

For the record, I didn't attend a tea party, but I surely am not about to bash those who did.

Here's a response:

I have never really cared for this woman, but after hearing what she said about Tea Party protesters, I understand her acting isn't the only thing that makes me sick.

Jeanine, I live in Tennessee. Despite what you've already assumed, I'm not a racist or a redneck; I own shoes, enjoy air conditioning and indoor plumbing, have all my teeth, hold a college degree, and do not attend Klan meetings. I'm an American with "conservative" beliefs. Why must I be demonized?

I'm allegedly a "conservative" because I firmly oppose abortion. I also believe that we should have stronger border control. The fact that you consider anyone with opposing views to be "racist rednecks" who have neurological problems is proof that you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument. Therefore, you resort to name calling.

You are like a child on a playground who is mad because everyone doesn't want to join her make-believe fantasy trip to fairy land, so you start the name-calling and ridiculing.

My conservative views come from my religious beliefs. The very idea of you insulting people for their religious beliefs is a disgrace to the freedoms cherished by this country. You are Obama's S.S. (like Hitler's Schutzstaffel). If you knew any better, you would be ashamed of yourself.

The problem with you and your ilk is that you profess yourselves to be hate and prejudice free. "Tolerance and liberty for all!" But you seek to control the views of others - change everyone to be like Jeanine. You claim we must embrace and accept people for their differences. I suppose that's true, unless those difference are ones you don't happen to like.

We understand our role in this society: To abide by the law, love everyone, and pay our taxes. We are to do so silently and without any fuss. Because Hispanic youths marching out of schools in Southern California carrying Mexican flags while torching American flags and garbage cans is just "symbolic and peaceful speech". But millions of ethnically diverse men and women assembling without violence to voice opposition to high taxes.....that's just domestic terrorism.

1 comment:

bathmate said...

wow nice article
,this is god,

Bathmate