Wednesday, November 21, 2007

House Rules

I think of my blog as an extension of my home. Like any home owner, there are certain things that I would prefer not be brought into my house. I’m not real crazy about making rules or restricting speech in any environment, but I think that because I do the same thing in my home, so I need to do it on my blog as well.
  1. I won’t respond to every comment. I don’t have the time or the energy to do this. I have a full-time job and a family that require my attention from time to time. Don’t take it personally — sometimes I’m just a busy guy. Sometimes I won't dignify an absurd comment or accusation with a response.
  2. Most conversations are beneficial but arguments in which people are talking past each other are pretty much useless. Personal attacks and abusive language bring nothing to a conversation.
  3. I would ask all of you to avoid ad hominems or wasting time arguing about misspelled words or poor grammar. I would prefer that comments are pertinent to the original post. Again, if I feel as if a poster is attempting to hijack the blog for any reason, I will delete those comments as well. If you feel the need to make an off-topic comment, your best option is to create your own blog or do it somewhere else.
  4. Anonymity is the shroud of cowardice. I would prefer you to make you name or initials known. Don't write something you wouldn't be willing to say to someone's face. It's an honor agreement you have with yourself. This is my site with my name and contact info on it, if you would like to introduce yourself, please shoot me and email to the account listed on the blog.
  5. Disclaimer: The statements contained on my blog posts are my own and do not represent the views of my employer, alma matter or my religious affiliation. Likewise, you are responsible for your own comments and I will never use them to judge you your employer or any other affiliation.
Thanks for stopping by!

*Thanks to the lame-o weblog for providing a solid set of house rules that did not need to be improved upon.