Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I asked...


It has been said that Christian people don't utilize the power of prayer enough.

Others have said that we are praying enough, we are just not praying as we should. Perhaps that is correct and if it is, the following illustrates just how God answers prayer.

God hears us, and God answers us according to His will. That does not necessarily mean that God will answer us the way we desire.

God knows what is best for us, and He will make provisions through His providence to help us mature in faith and accomplish tasks that He set before us.

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, "No. It is not for me to take away, but for you to give up."

I asked God to make the handicapped people of the world whole.
God said, "No. Their spirit is whole, their body is only temporary."

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, "No. Patience is a byproduct of tribulations. It isn't granted; it is learned."

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, "No. Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to Me."

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, "No. You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful."

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, "No. I will give you life so that you might enjoy all things."

I asked God to help me love others as much as He loves me.
God said, "Ah, finally you have the idea."

I think it is time for me to adjust my prayer life accordingly. You?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I needed this today. Thanks.