By Cameron Clark
Well, the house is almost finished, all we have left to do is some painting and accent purchases. It's a great feeling to be home. Very early this morning I went for a run around the new neighborhood. It's peaceful. The air in Tennessee has a different smell to it and a different feeling in my lungs. I don't think it's the pollen or the carbon monoxide that often blankets cities, but the feeling of home.
Speaking of home, we are hosting a shindig here at the house running Thursday-Sunday Night. We'll have red meat, drinks, carb-heavy side dishes and all the laughter and cigars you can handle. Give me a shout if you'd like to attend.
To the business end of the post, this little section has made it's way onto the American Front Porch and our weekly Porchcast. So, keep an ear out for that if you're so inclined. This week, I went perusing the "Top Singles of the..." 70's, 80's, and 90's. Here's five I picked out.
5. War- Edwin Starr- Popularized again by the movie Rush Hour, it ranks in the Top 10 on almost any break-down of 70's music.
4. Bad, Bad Leroy Brown- Jim Croce- Whenever Jim Boy gets on the guitar, he's like a semi-modern Homer spinning his yarns on a contemporary Titan like Leroy or Slim. I love his music.
3. 867-5309/Jenny- Tommy Tutone- The ultimate writing on the bathroom wall, "for a good time call..." I guarantee Jenny isn't the last chick to regret giving Tommy her number. What a schmuck. Still a good song though.
2. The Joker- The Steve Miller Band- He's a joker, a smoker, and a midnight toker. He also really loves your peaches, wants to shake your tree? Is that an innuendo or does he really like fruit? It's puzzled me for years.
1. Footloose- Kenny Loggins- The King of 80's movie soundtracks is high atop at least one chart again! Why? Because when I get frustrated or angry, I get in my VW Bug with a cigarette and an open container, find an abandoned warehouse, and dance my little heart out with no one else but the cameras around.
That's what I found on iTunes this morning. Speaking of, check out this week's Porchcast when we rundown the 2008 Florida Gators, Our Cigar of The Week: The Padron 1926 80th Anniversary Series, The Word of The Day, and much, much more. Hope to see you then!
Have a great Tuesday!