Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Couples Survey

I was tagged, so I'm obliging the rules of internet decorum; though I want it noted I do not believe my continuation of this chain survey to be an attempt to avoid 9 years of bad luck or my crush ignoring me forever. Additionally, I will not "tag" anyone else, but feel free to answer if you are so inclined.

1. Who is my woman? Liz

2. How long have we been together? 6 years

3. How long did we date? 12 months, counting our engagement. We had been friends for two years before that.

4. How old is she? 27

5. Who eats more? ME!

6. Who said " I love you" first? I did. She said, "Thanks." It was a big confidence boost.

7.Who is taller? I am.

8. Who sings better? Liz thinks I do.

9. Who is smarter? Liz. Period. She's disinterested in some things, but it doesn't mean she doesn't understand them.

10. Who has more of a temper? Depends. I am quicker to get there, but Liz can be pretty tenacious when she gets pushed.

11. Who does laundry? I do, and it is the one chore I truly hate.

12. Who takes out the garbage? Me.

13. Who sleeps on the right side? I do.

14. Who pays the bills? Me.

15. Who has sharper computer skills? Does it matter?

16. Who mows the lawn? Me.

17. Who cooks? I do, and I'm pretty good. It has nothing to do with metrosexuality. I'm just a man. I can also change and bathe myself. Since when did being a man become synonymous with being a neanderthal?

18. Who drives when we are together? I do.

19. Who pays when we are out? I do.

20. Who is more stubborn? We are equally stubborn about different things.

21. Who is the first to admit when the are wrong? Me. She's pretty wonderful. I wake up in the morning and apologize.

22. Which set of parents do we see the most? Mine, by far. It's complicated.

23. Who asked out who? I asked her to come to Little Rock with some friends of mine, and it just went from there.

24. Who kissed who first? She did. Whoa, Nellie!

25. Who is more sensitive? Liz.

26. Who has more friends? Me. She doesn't have time to be your friend, she's too busy preparing to save your life when you need it; AND, she wanted me to tell you that she doesn't like you anyway ;)

27. Who has more siblings? She does.

28. Who wears the pants? I do in an Ephesians 5:25-28 kind of way. It's what every woman deserves.

29. Will you still be together in 5 years? I whole heartedly, beyond a shadow of a doubt know we will. The only way we would not be "together" is if one of us were dead.

By the by, would someone actually answer "no" unless they were posting the cruelest "dear john" letter ever?

30. Would you rather die first? Yes. Selfishly, I wouldn't want to be without her.

31. If your spouse died would you get remarried? No, I wouldn't. I'm just not built that way. I understand some people need that space in their life filled and don't want to be alone. I need that space in my life filled by her and no other. I have enough women in my family (Amber, Erin, etc.) where my girls would still have a woman in their life to teach them certain things.

32. Have you ever done anything really bad to hurt your spouse? Yes, though it was not my intent to hurt her.

Every relationship goes through rough spots from time to time, and since ours didn't kill us, we have emerged on the other side much stronger as a better husband and wife for it.

33. Do you have any children? One helping me type this, and another one is literally attached to Liz for another two months.

34. How many children do you want? I think Liz is done. Her and pregnancy don't get along so well. We may keep options open for the future.

35. If you have children, how old are they? 21 months and -2 months.

36. Are you happy with your married life? We are very happy when we are together, but residency puts us apart for 80 hours a week. We're looking forward to July.

I am richly blessed because of her. She makes me want to be a better man, a more complete man, and man who has grown confident in his faith and service in God and their eternity together on the other side of this life.

If this life is all there is to be with her, it is much too short a time for me.

No comments: