This week, I thought I'd run down my favorite restaurants, because I like to eat. Eating is good, and it probably shows with me.
Here is my list of favorite dining places at the moment.
10. The Melting Pot- It's one of things for which you've got to be in the mood. It's also a little expensive, but well worth it when you have the inkling. The Pot is just about everywhere too, so enjoy it wherever.
Cam's Dish of Choice: Islander Surf and Turf w/chocolate peanut butter fondue for desert.
9. Taqueria Mexico- On Rainbow Boulevard in Kansas City, it's got great Tacos El Pastor. It's not very expensive and it's got the authentic Mexican feel.
Cam's Dish of Choice: Tacos el pastor y arroz, y frioles con limon. Margarita con patron, mucha perfecta. Muy bien.
8. P.F. Chang's- I love everything about this restaurant, and you can typically find one in just about any city. It's a tad on the expensive side, but I love it.
Cam's Dish of Choice: Honey Shrimp and a Mojito.
7. Jackson's- Found in Nashville's Hillsboro Village, it's got a descent food selection and a great bar. Drop by on a Summer Night, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
Cam's Dish of Choice: Chicken Pasta and a Manhattan.
6. Bahama Breeze- Good seafood and a drink menu that is second to none. It's truly unbelievable.
Cam's Dish of Choice: Coconut Prawns and Bahamaritas.
5. Thompson Station Grill- This is Lee Rice's restaurant down in Thompson Station, TN. It's got great everything. Google it, and take a trip down when you're in Nashville. It's like Cracker Barrel meets Mere Bulles.
Cam's Dish of Choice: Thompson Station Ribeye, with sauteed green beans and a bottle of Alice White Red Lexia.
4. Houston's- Located in the Country Club Plaza in KC, this upscale American food restaurant has the best ribs I've ever had. It's worth the trip to the Plaza if you ever have the inclination and the cash.
Cam's Dish of Choice: Duh, the ribs and a Jack and Coke.
3. Taj Palace- This is the best Indian food of all time. It's got a cheap, "all you can eat" lunch buffet.... and every last dish is incredible. Unfortunately it's only in KC, but I'm sure there are other Indian restaurants out there in the same class.
Cam's Dish of Choice: Chicken Tapak Masala, on a bed of steamed rice with garlic naan and a big pitcher of water.
2. Cheesecake Factory- What an impeccable selection of foods and genres. Not to mention, it's got the cheesecake....and oh, it's gooooood. You can find The Factory in most major cities.
Cam's Dish of Choice: Chicken Littles, Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake or Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake, and a Shirley Temple ;)
1. J. Gilbert's- This is found in a couple of different cities, and it's a must-see to believe. They have hickory grilled steaks, great drinks and sides, and other great meat selections. Simply the best.
Cam's Dish of Choice: Bone-in ribeye with garlic mashed potatoes and a smooth, tall Tom Collins.