Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday Morning Music Choices

T-Minus 5 Days and counting......

The old home is filled with boxes and the excitement is mounting. My brother, Jared Gable, is making the trip up on Friday so we can take turns driving the big-ace truck across the country. It will be long, but at least it will be fun.

These are the songs I found on itunes this morning. If you have any suggestions for next week, leave 'em under the comments.

1. I'm Yours- Jason Mraz-
Just a good tune. Lots of fun and upbeat.

2. Pretty Girl From Cedar Lane- The Avett Brothers-
I like this band. They have a bluegrass/alternative sound, tight harmonies and an unusual take on most situations. This particular song is dismissing an old lover, and it's got an awesome flow.

3. Icky Thump- The White Stripes-
Fast and furious beat, makes you want to put your foot down a little more if you're driving.

4. Stay- Lisa Loeb and 9 Stories- It took me a while to like this song because it was SOOOOO over-played on the radio stations when it first came out. It's nice to re-discover an old song.

5. Easy- The Commodores- Easy like Sunday Mornin', baby. Can't beat it.

What are some of your favorite songs of the moment?

Have an awesome Monday!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Having recently been part of a driving delegation with a giant moving truck myself, I found myself singing "Convoy" in my head constantly. When I finally had a chance, I put the tune on and really rocked out. I always forget how great a song it really is because I tend to just focus on the sillines of it.

Alan said...

I can't get away from Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds". Don't worry bout a thing...