On my way to school during the mornings of my youth, my parents would leave the radio dial on the "Oldies" station. I really liked most of them, and it has been more than a decade since I heard some of my favorites. Like a true iPioneer, I trooped onto iTunes to see which ones I could find to update the library.
1. Stand By Me- Ben E. King- One of the all-time great ballads. Every last one of the lyrics is powerful and meaningful, and always will be.
2. Magic Carpet Ride- Steppenwolf- Timeless. You could still go to a lot of "hip" clubs and hear this song at some point during the night.
3. Then He Kissed Me- The Crystals- I remember I liked this song a lot from Adventures in Baby Sitting.
"Thor's A Homo."
4. Rhythm of The Rain- The Cascades- One of those heartbreak songs that does a good job of communicating the mindset of the broken-hearted.
5. Little Star- The Elegants- I think the name of the girl in the song is "Horanna" which kind of threw me off as a kid, but it's a great song that is vintage 50's.
Have a great Monday!