Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday Morning Music Choices


Here on a rainy Monday my musical adventure was, as usual, spastic. Here's what I found out during my search:

I can't stand Billboard Top 5 music. I don't find it very listenable, interesting, or entertaining on any level. I'm not angry or upset about that, and I certainly don't want to sound like it....just disappointed. I remember when highly rated music equaled good music.

Also, Mariah Carey had about 5 songs in the top 20 of 2005. Weird come back year for her.

I had to dig back into some archives to find my top 5 for Thanksgiving Week.

5. Boulevard of Broken Dreams- Green Day- Good depth, good melody. It's a typical, but not so typical Green Day song.

4. Roll With Me- Montgomery Gentry- I just like this song. It's a story set to a tune. Always dig that.

3. Let It Go- Tim McGraw- This message is a timely one for me.

2. Whiskey Lullaby- Brad Paisley- A beautiful song, and a truly powerful message. If you haven't heard this one, check it out right now.

1. The Promise- Tracy Chapman- This is our song...my wife and I.

No comments: