Monday, November 24, 2008
Monday Morning Music Choices
Here on a rainy Monday my musical adventure was, as usual, spastic. Here's what I found out during my search:
I can't stand Billboard Top 5 music. I don't find it very listenable, interesting, or entertaining on any level. I'm not angry or upset about that, and I certainly don't want to sound like it....just disappointed. I remember when highly rated music equaled good music.
Also, Mariah Carey had about 5 songs in the top 20 of 2005. Weird come back year for her.
I had to dig back into some archives to find my top 5 for Thanksgiving Week.
5. Boulevard of Broken Dreams- Green Day- Good depth, good melody. It's a typical, but not so typical Green Day song.
4. Roll With Me- Montgomery Gentry- I just like this song. It's a story set to a tune. Always dig that.
3. Let It Go- Tim McGraw- This message is a timely one for me.
2. Whiskey Lullaby- Brad Paisley- A beautiful song, and a truly powerful message. If you haven't heard this one, check it out right now.
1. The Promise- Tracy Chapman- This is our song...my wife and I.
Posted by Cameron at Monday, November 24, 2008