Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Monday (sometimes Tuesday) Morning Music Choices

by Cameron Clark
I got up this morning when my youngest daughter Abygail started crying at 5:40. I got her a bottle and headed out to my back porch where we were greeted by cool weather, singing birds, and the sun coming up.

In the 5 years Liz and I have been married, we've never owned our own home. It is amazing, sublime, and nearly euphoric to wake up in a home all your own. One you've earned. One in which you will raise your family. IN.CRED.IB.LE.

Something for which to be very thankful! I'll post some pictures when we get all settled. In the mean time, here's your weekly dose of music mania.


1. Midnight Train to Georgia- Gladdys Knight and The Pips- I love The Pips-- their harmonies, their dancing, and their cheap-hack pimp suits-- I love it all. This version from American Idol is even better.

2. Wildwood Flower- June Carter Cash-
Reese Witherspoon and her version are a big step up in looks and sound from the original....but it's June. A nice melody and good folksy sound.

3. Fishin' in The Dark- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band-
Simply a classic.

4. Like A Prayer- Madonna-
I had a request to add this to the list. Plus, who's not nostalgic for 1989?

5. Faith- George Michael- I bought the whole "best of" album, and not ashamed to say because of Eli Stone.

Here's to a great Tuesday!

No comments: