It's kind of strange having Christmas Eve on a Monday. Those are two days that are diametrically opposed to each other in their origins and meaning, but it takes this particular Monday up a couple of dozen notches.
Speaking of Christmas and its origins, I got an itunes gift card from someone, so I bought a couple of albums and other songs this morning. It's a good day, and here is my "best of" from my foraging expedition on itunes.
1. Beast of Burden- The Rolling Stones- It's awesome! If you don't have it, you need to get it. If you haven't heard it or can't think of it by name, it's got a real classic beat and melody.
2. Here Comes The Sun- The Beatles- One of their very best good time songs. It's in most Disney movies nowadays.
3. Tell It Like It Is- Neville Brothers- A song about heartache. Man, I bet that huge freakin' mole Aaron has cost him quite a few relationships. It's a classic R&B song though.
4. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic- The Police- Good, upbeat, classic tune. I can't believe I haven't gone back and gotten it before today!
5. Higher and Higher- Jackie Wilson- Allegedly, if you hose-down the Statue of Liberty with ectoplasmic slime and play this song, you can control it with a Nintendo Super Controller. Just something to remember in a supernaturally emergent situation.
Y'all have a very Merry Christmas. We'll see you on Wednesday!