Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday Morning Music Choices

I'm ready for a change of pace in genre, but I think I might need a transition week with a mix of country and other genres before I move on. I'm still nowhere near having fully replaced my old music collection, so I'm still gunnin' for some mid-late 90's stuff.

1. Last Dance With Mary Jane- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers- Such a big ruckus when I was in high school. Everything from the lyrics to the video were controversial, banned, and demonized.
Even this Nashville boy still loves himself some Tom Petty and Bonnaroo (another Tennessee tradition).

2. Queen of My Double-Wide Trailer- Sammy Kershaw- with the polyester curtains and the redwood deck. It's a dumb song, but one that I remember so well from the summer of 8th grade.

3. Jessie's Girl- Rick Springfield- Awesome! This song was perfectly placed in the movie, "Keeping The Faith" when Don sang it trying to sell a karaoke machine. Great 80's song.

4. Got My Mind Set On You- George Harrison- It changed the way music videos popularized a song. It's easily George's greatest hit as a solo artist.

5. In The Air Tonight- Phil Collins-
Where's Crockett and Tubbs when you need them?

Bonus Tune: Don't Worry Be Happy- Bobby Mcferrin- Another example of the music video effect. I haven't seen a classically good music video in forever. It seems all the videos are pretty well standardized according to genre nowadays. 1,2,3, bored.

No comments: