Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday Morning Music Choices

I love music. Anyone who has been around me very long knows that I have a pretty eclectic taste in my tunes, and whenever I have been asked to make a list of my current favorites, it ends up being all over the board in genre.

So, with that in mind I decided I would start a new tradition this week and download five new songs from itunes. These will be songs that I have always liked and haven't owned before, or brand new stuff that I really want.

Without further adieu, here's this Monday's Five:

1. If Heaven Ain't A Lot Like Dixie- Hank Williams, Jr. - I've always thought this song was pretty funny coming from Bocephus, who travels to New York every year for the Monday Night Football Intro Recordings.

2. Redneck Girl- Bellamy Brothers- Country is the current trend, but wait....

3. Hard Candy- Counting Crows- I have the acoustic version (which I think is better), but I wanted the studio anyway.

4. Seven Bridges Road (Live)- Eagles- Great song! One of my favorites in high school.

5. 2001 Space Odyssey- Vienna Philharmonic- The South Carolina Gamecock football team makes their entrance to this great piece, and it's known as the "Most exciting entrance in football," which differs from their cross-state rival's entrance, the "Most exciting 30 seconds in football." Nice.

No comments: